You knew it was going to happen eventually, didn't you? Actually, it's kind of shocking that it took this long. That's right: My three cats have finally slinked their way into my art.
In my defense, I couldn't help it. The new Gingersnap Creations Random Redhead Challenge this week is "Botanicals," and around my house, three out of five inhabitants agree that Catnip is, in fact, the BEST botanical in the entire world. And so, today, we celebrate Nepeta cataria, the mind-bending, mood-altering, rolling-on-the-carpet-with-glee herb of choice for discriminating furballs.
Here come the details:
- Background: Broken China Distress Ink swirled onto white Cardstock for the sky; Meadow Adirondack Ink Pad and Marker used to make the grass.
- Grey Kitty, Bowie and Stella were photographed individually about seven zilllion times to get these three similar poses. After a refreshing nap, I applied various Photoshop illustration filters to the images to make them less "photograph-y."
- The Fence, Vine, Bird and Leaves were all cut with the Silhouette SD.
- The little flowers are real. I pressed them ages ago and have had them stored in my flower press for, like, six years. Who knew?!
- The Tim Holtz Alterations Hanging Sign Die was used for the CATNIP plaque. The "iron" piece was coated in Vintage Ink DI and embossed with a combo of Vintage Ink and Tea Dye Distress Powders, then finished with Rusty Hinge DI. The sign was cut from thin wood laminate and hand painted.
So, what kind of botanical brilliance do you have to share? We want to know! Whatever it may be, link that baby up at Gingersnap Creations. It's just the right thing to do.