Take me away...I don't mind...But you'd better promise me I'll be back in time...
Yes, I'm quoting Huey Lewis and the News. See, that particular song from Back to the Future was playing in my head the entire time I was working on this card for the "Time and Vintage" Challenge at Drunken Stampers. My raised-on-radio brain always seems to call up a semi-appropriate tune for whatever theme I'm working on, and then it's stuck in my mind for days. I call this phenomenon "The Inner Jukebox of Artiness." Or, maybe I'm just nuts. Anyone?
I loved doing this challenge for several reasons. First, I got to use some of the fab paper from the new Tim Holtz Lost and Found stack (truly, some of the coolest designs, ever!). Second, I dusted off one of my old, beloved Acey Deucy stamps, "The Sybil," and put her to good use. And third, it was the maiden voyage of my shiny new Zutter Distrezz-it-All! Hooray for paper-chewing mechanical gadgets! Holy cow, this thing ROCKS! And, it makes that satisfying, power tool sound while it's decimating the edges of your paper. We live in wondrous times.
I'm betting we get some mind-blowing submissions for this challenge, and Peggy, Spike and I are all looking forward to seeing what you create! The Time and Vintage Challenge is open through Friday, June 4, at Drunken Stampers. Come party with us!!!
- Stamps: "Sybil" from Acey Deucy; Various clock stamps I've collected over the years.
- Background Paper and Big Clock Face: Tim Holtz Lost and Found Collection.
- Colorations: Walnut Stain and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks; Black Archival Ink; Colorsoft Pencils.
- Embellishment: a scrap of old lace.
- Thanks to the incredibly nice people at Blue Moon Scrapbooking for shipping my Distrezz-It-All with lightning speed!