Happy Monday, and happy Valentine's Day Eve, blog friends! Tonight, Cupid loads up his sleigh and hitches up eight tiny reindeer....
Actually, he loads up his quiver with heart-shaped arrows and shoots them randomly at unsuspecting mortals.
But enough about that. How 'bout we celebrate the holiday like this:
Valentines Day, Tim Holtz-Style!
Background card is Tim Holtz/Core'dinations Distress paper. Inside panel is from the Idea-ology Seasonal Paper Stash; it's stamped randomly with Fired Brick Distress Ink using Tim's large Harlequin Stamp from the Creative Textures set by Stampers Anonymous. Sentiment is from the Love Struck set. It's stamped with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink, embossed with clear powder, then edged with Bronze UTEE.
Rose was made with the Sizzix Tattered Pinecone and Mini Leaf dies. The hearts were cut from Grungeboard using Tim's Alterations Mini Heart Set. They were inked with Fired Brick Distress Ink, then coated with clear UTEE. During the melting process, I sprinkled some Bronze UTEE onto the hearts to give them a mottled look. The ribbon was colored with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink.
Just to make our Valentine challenge even more fun, our friends at Simon Says Stamp will be giving one of this week's participants a $25 shopping spree in their amazing online shop! With all those new products rolling in, someone is going to have a great time with that extra treat!
To be eligible to win:
- Create a Valentine-themed piece using at least one Tim Holtz product and/or technique.
- Post a photo of your creation on your blog or at an online, public photo-hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket. You can enter anytime before Sunday, February 19 at 8pm MST.
- Be sure to include a link Tim's website (www.timholtz.com).
- Also include a link to our sponsor's site, www.SimonSaysStamp.com.
- Finally, please include a link to this Studio L3 challenge post.
- Link your art below using the handy InLinks button.
- Revel in your awesomeness!
Remember to upload a photo of your Grungy Monday art in the designated folder at the All Things Tim group, too. It's a great place to meet other Tim fans and share your creations!
Thanks so much for being part of Grungy Monday! Have a spectacular week, and watch out for random, heart-shaped arrows!