Grungy Monday 27 - November 13, 2011
Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas 2007, Day 6
- Ranger Distress Reinkers in Weathered Wood (background) and Vintage Photo (deer)
- Ranger Perfect Pearls in Pewter, Cappuccino and Fovever Violet
- Ranger Distress Ink in Seedless Preserves and Gathered Twigs
- Ranger Distress Embossing Ink
- Ranger Distress Stickles in Picket Fence
- Ranger Stickles in Golden Rod and Pink
- Tim Holtz Alterations Dies by Sizzix: Pine Tree and Reindeer Flight
Grungy Monday 26 - November 6, 2011
Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas 2009, Day 7
- Stamps: Angel from Character Constructions, Snowflakes and "Believe" from Tim's Stampers Anonymous Mini Holidays Set, Music from Tim's Stampers Anonymous Holiday Wishes Set
- Ranger Adirondack Paint Dabber in Snow Cap
- Ranger Archival Ink is Jet Black
- Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot
- Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Embossing Ink
- Ranger Embossing Powder in Gold
- Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Stickles in Antique Linen and Stormy Sky
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Baubles
Grungy Monday 25 - October 31, 2011
An Homage to the Departed Using Tim Holtz Products
- The photo of my Grandparents and Dynamite the Dog was scanned and printed onto Sticky-Back Canvas.
- The picture frame was cut from a piece of Grungeboard using Tim's Alterations Baroque Bigz Die and Movers and Shapers Mini Baroque Die. Before cutting it, I embossed the Grungeboard with the Alterations Regal Flourishes folder. I applied Faded Jeans Distress ink using an Ink Blending Tool, then lightly applied Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the raised areas. I applied a few touches of Gold Adirondack Paint randomly for some shine.
- The blue background is paper from Tim's Idea-ology Shabby Chic Paper Stash. It's glued to a piece of plain chipboard that I painted with a Jet Black ondack Dabber. I sanded the edges and colored them with Tea Dye Distress Ink.
- The "always" letters are made using Tim's awesome Grungeblocks. This is such a cool product! I painted the background blocks and letters with Jet Black paint, and after they dried I heavily sanded the edges of the blocks and the tops of the letters. Then, I smudged Tea Dye Distress Ink around the sanded edges of the blacks, and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink over the letters. I used Glossy Accents to glue the letters onto the blocks, then glued them to the card.
- Embellishments include an Idea-ology Clock Face and some tiny Prima FLowers.
Grungy Monday 24 - October 23, 2011
Perfect Distress Video at RangerInk.com
- #8 Manila Tag
- Stampers Anonymous Stamps: Large bat from Retro Halloween set, small bats and text from Mini Halloween set, flames from Rockstar set, line pattern from Creative Textures set.
- Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters (background and pattern stamping), Aged Mahogany (flame stamping) Seedless Preserves (text and edging), Gathered Twigs (more edging).
- Pitch Black Adirondack Paint Dabber: all the bats
- Embellished with craft store twig and leaves
Grungy Monday 23 - October 16, 2011
Tim in 10!
- White Cardstock
- Distress Inks in Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot
- Ink Blending Tool
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix Pumpkin Patch Texture Fade embossing Folder
- Your favorite quick-drying adhesive
- Perfect Pearls Spray in Heirloom Gold
- Heat Tool
- "Spooky" sticker from Tim's Idea-ology Seasonal Salvage Sticker set
- Small hole punch
- Black Ribbon
- Cut two pieces of white cardstock-- one 5.5 x 8.5 inches and the other 5 x 3.75 inches. Fold the longer piece in half to create a standard-size card blank (5.5 x 4.25").
- Using an Ink Blending Tool, smudge Seedless Preserves Distress Ink on the outer edges of the folded card. (Since the other cardstock panel will be glued on top of this, it's not necessary to cover the entire card with ink.)
- Using an Ink Blending Tool, quickly cover the smaller piece of cardstock with Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink.
- Open the embossing folder and swipe the Black Soot Distress Ink pad directly onto the raised areas of the pumpkin.
- Carefully place the Ripe Persimmon-inked cardstock into the embossing folder and run it through your Vagabond or other embossing machine.
- Use an Ink Blending Tool to smudge Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of this embossed panel.
- Glue the embossed cardstock onto the prepared card. Spray with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls, then dry for about 30 seconds with a heat tool.
- Attach the "Spooky" sticker.
- Punch two holes at the top and run a piece of ribbon through them, tying a bow in the front.
Grungy Monday 22 - October 10, 2011
A Holtz-ian Halloween!
Tim Holtz Ranger Seasonal Distress Inks: Ripe Persimmon and Seedless Preserves applied to plain white cardstock with an Ink Blending Tool. After inking, I sprinkled the cardstock with water.
I roughed up the edges with a Tonic Paper Distresser and colored them with Gathered Twigs Seasonal Distress Ink. This color is awesome for making the edges look burned!
This panel was glued to a piece of black Tim Holtz Core'dinations Kraft Core paper that I'd pre-sanded. Eyelets were added to the corners.
I cut the raven from the same Core'dinations paper using Tim's "Raven and Scaredy Cat" Alterations Die, then sanded the edges lightly.
The leaves are Idea-ology Kraft Glassine, which I wadded up then flattened out before cutting with Tim's Tattered Leaves Alterations Die. I highlighted the fold lines with Ripe Persimmon ink, then glued them haphazardly around the card.
I stamped the Halloween ticket from Tim's Odds and Ends collection from Stampers Anonymous on plain kraft paper using Black Soot Distress Ink.
Grungy Monday 21 - August 22, 2011
Tim Holtz Transparent Illusions Techniques
blog post on Idea-ology Fragments from August 4, 2011.
Grungy Monday 20 - August 15, 2011
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Party!
- Background paper is from the Idea-ology Shabby Chic Paper Stash, edged with Purple Twilight Adirondack Paint, Dusty Concord Distress Stickles and Brushed Pewter Distress Stickles.
- Image is from a magazine, and it's edged with Brushed Pewter Distress Stickles.
- Flowers were cut from paper from pink-toned Shabby Chic Paper using Sizzix Alterations Tattered Florals Die, edged with Adirondack Purple Twilight Ink and blinged with Spun Sugar Distress Stickles.
- Letters are Grungeboard, painted with Purple Twilight Adirondack Paint and dolled up with Spun Sugar, Brushed Pewter and Worn Lipstick Distress Stickles.
- Crown charm, little bird and rhinestones are from my box of stuff!
Grungy Monday 19 - August 8, 2011
Based on Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas 2010, Day 10
- Adirondack Paint Dabbers: Pool, Mountain Rose, Peach Bellini (house); Lemonade (windows), Espresso (door); Snow Cap and Clover (background)
- Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass (background)
- Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fence (on the... picket fence!)
- Archival Ink in Jet Black (letters)
- Alterations Dies: Tag and Bookplates, On the Fence, Artful Dwellings
- Ranger Inkssentials White Opaque Pen (letters and accents)
- Idea-ology Long Fasteners
- Idea-ology Washers
- Idea-ology Reinforcer
- Seam binding tinted with Barn Door Distress Stain
- Glossy Accents to hold it together
Grungy Monday 18 - August 1, 2011
- Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans (background); Pine Needles (flourishes); Old Paper and Vintage Photo (vellum)
- Distress Embossing Ink (dress form)
- Adirondack Embossing Powder in Stream and Bottle (dress form)
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Haberdashery stamp set (Dress form and pattern)
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Urban Chic stamp set (flourish)
- Grungeboard (dress form and green flourish)
- Distress Crackle Paint in Shabby Shutters (grunge flourish)
- Idea-ology Accoutrements Buttons: Classics (on dress form) and Shabby (left upper corner)
- Idea-ology Mini Pin (on lace)
- Scrap lace
- Twinery twine in Honeydew
- Maya Road Wooden Mini Spools
Grungy Monday 17 - July 24, 2011
- Design is on a Grungebook cover.
- Distress Stains: Faded Jeans, Black Soot (on jalopy), Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge, Walnut Stain (Background)
- Distress Rock Candy Crackle Paint (on background)
- Distress Rock Candy Stickles (on jalopy)
- Distress Crackle Paint Antiqued Bronze on the "Road Trip" letters; Silver on the Wing
- Adirondack Alcohol Ink in Silver on the chrome accents
- Window is acetate streaked with Aqua Alcohol Ink and Snow Cap Mixative
Grungy Monday 16 - July 17, 2011
- Distress Stain in Broken China and Faded Jeans
- Grungeboard (for cover)
- Grungeboard Letters and Heart
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous small Book Covers stamp
- Adirondack Paint Dabber in Gold
- Idea-ology Pen Nib
- Idea-ology Chain Tassels
- Idea-ology Baubles (pearl)
- Jump rings
Grungy Monday 15 - July 10, 2011
Based on Tim Holtz 12 Days of Christmas 2007, Day 7
Tim Holtz Alterations for Sizzix Vintage Valise Die
- Satchel: Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo
- Handle, Corners and Tabs: Pumice and Black Soot
- Straps: Stormy Sky and Black Soot
- Sticker: Mustard Seed, Broken China and Vintage Photo
Idea-ology Token (painted w/ Stream Adirondack Paint Dabber)
Idea-ology Long Fasteners
Background: Kraft Resist Paper with Stormy Sky Ink
Background background: Core'dinations Distress Paper, sanded
Grungy Monday 14 - July 4, 2011
Tim Holtz March 2008 Blog Technique Challenge
- Distress Ink/Perfect Pearl Mist formulas: Worn Lipstick with Perfect Copper, Tattered Rose with Blush, Spiced Marmalade with Mandarin
- Stamps: Spring Sprung, Urban Chic
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Kraft Glassine with Perfect Copper
- Copper Adirondack Paint Dabber
Grungy Monday 13 - June 27, 2011
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Technique
- Alcohol Inks: Pool, Slate, Purple Twilight, Sail Boat Blue, Cloudy Blue, Mountain Rose, Pink Sherbet, Shell Pink, Pitch Black, Juniper, Silver and Gold.
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix dies: Vintage Cabinet Card and Mini Cabinet Card
- Stamp is an oldie by Rubber Poet.
- Sentiment is computer-generated, mounted behind a piece of mica.
Grungy Monday 12 - June 20, 2011
Tim Holtz Blog Challenge, April, 2008
- All paper is from Tim's Shabby Chic Paper Stash.
- Distress Inks: Broken China, Weathered Wood, Aged Mahogany.
- Stamps are from Claudine Hellmuth's Bloom set (foam stamps).
- Embellishments from Idea-ology are a Swivel Clasp and a Hitch Fastener. I also used an old earring (the stars) and a piece of German Scrap (the little snowy owl).
- "Live every moment/Love every day" is from my favorite REO Speedwagon song.
Grungy Monday 11 - June 13, 2011
Tim Holtz Blog, January 2008 Technique Challenge
- Distress Inks in Sunset Orange, Worn Lipstick, Dusty Concord and Broken China.
- Stamps from Wendy Vecchi's Celestial set.
- Background embossed using Ranger's Holographic Embossing Powder.
Grungy Monday 10 - June 6
- Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Weathered Wood, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain.
- The Grungeboard envelope was embossed with Tim's Alterations Retro Circles folder. The tie clasp is two Idea-ology Long Fasteners and two Idea-ology Washers and some Twinery baker's twine.
- The envelope was attached to a piece of Kraft Resist Paper using Mini Fasteners.
- The background is stamped with the concentric circles stamp from Tim's Bitty Grunge set.
- The "Dream and Trust" inserts are Idea-ology Adage Tickets.
Grungy Monday 09 - May 30, 2011
Tim Holtz 12 Days of Christmas 2007, Day 10
- Adirondack Dabbers in Pitch Black, Mountain Rose, Peach Bellini, Watermelon, Sunset Orange, Wild Plum
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio "Bloom" Clear Stamp Collection
- Tissue Tape from the Idea-ology Nostalgic collection
- Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Trimmings Ribbon tinted with Sailboat Blue Adirondack Ink
- Flower was cut from vintage sheet music using Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Tattered Florals die (design idea borrowed from a tag sent to me by the brilliant Hels Sheridan). It was tinted with Adirondack Ink in Mountain Rose, Peach Bellini and Sunset Orange. The center is a little rosette from the Idea-ology Trimmings collection.
- The "Puerto Rico" graphic is from a sheet of travel-themed tissue paper.
Grungy Monday 08 - May 23, 2011
Tim Holtz Blog, September 2008 Product Challenge
- Adirondack Dye Inks: Sandal, Watermelon, Mountain Rose, Lemonade, Eggplant, Sailboat Blue, Clover, Currant, Citrus, Purple Twilight, Salmon, Peach Bellini
- Archival Ink: Jet Black
- Stamps Sets: Papillon, Stuff to Say
- Tissue Tape from the Symphony set, colored with Sandal Alcohol Ink
- Microfleur-dried wildflowers and oregano from my garden, adhered with Studio Matte Multi Mediu
- Background papers: 1st layer is watercolor paper tinted with Currant Adirondack dye ink; bottom layer is sanded Core'dinations from the Adirondack set.
Grungy Monday 07 - May 16, 2011
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Colorblocking
- Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Dried Marigold, Vintage Photo, Dusty Concord, Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick, Bundled Sage, Weathered Wood, Peeled Paint, Broken China
- Adirondack Paint Dabbers: Espresso, Terra Cotta, Cloudy Blue, Sailboat Blue, Denim, Bottle, Clover and Juniper
- Houses cut using Alterations Artful Houses with Mini Openings Movers and Shapers
- Windows backed with Kraft Glassine
- Letters cut from Kraft Glassine using Once Upon a Time Alterations strip die
- House number is Idea-ology by Tim Holtz
Grungy Monday 06 - May 9, 2011
Background made according to technique instructions using Juniper and Stream Adirondack Paint Dabbers, Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain and Black Soot Distress Ink
All stamps are from the Urban Chic set and are stamped with Adirondack paint: Butterfly with Mountain Rose, botanicals with Citrus and flourish with Stream
Weathered Clock, Rosette and Mini Rosette dies were cut using Adirondack Core'dinations Paper
Base is heavy chipboard covered with Kraft Resist Paper, inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Flower centers were dotted with black Enamel Accents. Sparkle was provided by Distress Stickles in Shabby Shutters and Black Soot
Grungy Monday 03 - April 11, 2011
Faux Batik Silk Scarf with Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash
I learned this technique from Tim's An Altered Journey DVD (an awesome resource!), and just discovered that the written instructions are online, too, at Ranger Ink's website. Click here for information on how to use Color Wash spray, embossing ink, clear embossing powder, and a plain white silk scarf to easily create your own fashion statement!
I buy my silk scarves at the fabulous Dharma Trading Co. This one is 8 x 54" and it cost less than $2.
Adirondack Color Wash in Sailboat Blue, Wild Plum and Purple Twilight
Distress Embossing Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Nonstick Craft Sheet
Stamps cut from craft store foam using Sizzix Alterations Umbrella Man and Tattered Florals Dies
Grungy Monday 02 - April 4, 2011
Ranger Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Milled Lavender, Worn Lipstick,Spiced Marmalade, Pine Needles
Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium Matte
Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Stamp Set: Celestial Art
Adirondack Paint Dabber: Purple Twilight
Sizzix On the Edge Die: Townscape
Idea-ology Grunge Paper
Idea-ology Crowded Attic
Ideaology Tissue Tape: Journeyman
Idea-ology Game Spinners
Idea-ology Sprocket Gears
Idea-ology Light Bulbs
Idea-ology Long Fasteners
Part from demolished computer motherboard
Grungy Monday 01 - March 28, 2011
Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Stampers Anonymous -Tim Holtz Life Adventure Set
Black Embossing Powder
Ranger Perfect Pearls - Pewter (on elephant)
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz Grunge Alphabet
Idea-ology Adornments Charm Pack (Fleur de lis)
Idea-ology Adornments Regal (Crown)
Idea-ology Trimmings (ribbon and rosettes)
Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist - Perfect Copper (to tint ribbon and rosettes)
Idea-ology Trinket Pin
Idea-ology Paper Stash - Crowded Attic (butterfly paper)
Ranger Glossy Accents to hold it all together.